Monday, 30 September 2013

BGI to YYZ

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... I decided to do a blog. For, you know, anyone who's interested. Since it's the first time I'm in Canada and the first time I'm travelling alone, I figured it'd be fun to share with you guys. The first couple posts are gonna be mainly text, but more and more pics to come shortly, I promise! Enjoy!



Day 1





The flight was fairly long. To me, anyway. 6 hours. Longest I ever sat still. Had a window seat, so the view was amazing. Got a couple pictures of some views until it got really dark.







The nice air hostess only offered me the free stuff but then offered the sandwiches to the guys ahead of me. No sweat though cause I probably would have told her no. About halfway through the flight, Asha's (my phone) battery was at 19% and Tiffany's (my laptop) had 35 mins to go. Womp. I clearly didn't plan this as well as I thought I did. In flight TV, then? I guess. Occasionally peering out of my window to make sure we were still suspended in mid air in a big, loud metal bird.
Landed safely! Around 9:55, so about 10 mins late. Batteries were flat dead by now, so I couldn't get any pictures. Took me 10 mins to get from the plane to Customs.Couldn't pass up the opportunity to get on the moving sidewalk! Made it to the counter and the guy there had some weird questions but I guess he more interested in my reactions than the answers themselves. Took another 10 mins for my bag to come around the carousel. Snatched it and headed straight for outside and spotted Pablo and NSE immediately. Get to cross "afraid of being stranded in a foreign airport for hours" off of my list, thankfully. Just before I stepped through the door I asked myself, "what if inside is WARMER than outside?" Guess I didn't have to ask that for much longer. Outside was fairly chilly. My ears started to burn immediately. Ended up wearing 2 jackets. And a long sleeved shirt. And a vest. Just to make it from the airport to the car. Heading home and couldn't help but to stare at the buildings. The apartments, town houses, condos, offices, mega stores. All fascinating.
Got to the house and met the part time residents. Cool folks. Watched some telly while mother messaged me to death as soon as I turned on my wifi. Messaged a couple other folks to let them know I was safe and then retired to the living room to watch TV with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment