Day 3
Up at 5:00 and everyone is pretty much comatose lol. Perfect time to start a blog, right? Open up the patio door and look outside to see it's been raining overnight into the early morning and still had a slight drizzle. Know what goes well with cold, rainy mornings?
Tea. Bless your heart, Lipton. 8:38 am and everyone is still asleep. Good thing too cause it's gonna be a long day today.
9:30 and people now start to wake up.. Better late than never, right? Domino's in the microwave and time to make plans. Let's check the weather channel. Rain. Dammit. Ok, so no zoo or safari. maybe Orfus Road. We'll stick to indoor shopping today.
Lemme just say, I should have taken the term "Orfus Road" more literally. It is an entire road of stores. A fairly long road. Didn't even make it halfway. Another day for sure, though. Took a couple stores, but I found what I wanted. Time for the next stop on the adventure. Downtown!
Dufferin Mall. 2 malls in 2 days. The variety is to the level I would expect. I found a couple things to buy here, nothing major.
It's like Super Centre.. on steroids. Know that feeling when you wanna grow another 8 pairs of hands just to grab everything and rush to the checkout? Yeah... Focus! There's a priority list. MAYBE one or two random items, but gotta get what I came for and bounce.
Ok, maybe there's room for a couple unnecessary things. That's what vacation is all about, right? This "list" thing is getting a bit tedious. Nevertheless, it was progressing quite well. Can't seem to find a pair of slippers though, Aeropostale is all stocked up for winter so flip flops are a no-no. Enough of this. Know what's next?
A hard choice, having to leave McDonald's fries, but in the name of variety we took a little drive. This should be fun, right?
Everything looks so nice! Browsed the menu for 5 minutes and settled on the Bacon Deluxe. "Single or double?", the guy asks. Oh right, this is a regular thing here. Double, my good man! And upsize the fries and drink for that $0.69 while you're at it, sir.
God bless Canada! This was superb! Cheese perfectly slightly melted, bacon not crispy but well cooked, 100% beef, fresh bread! The fries were great as well, but McDonald's still holds the title belt for "Best Fries EVER". Grab a refill (just because I could) and it was time to head home for the day.







No comments:
Post a Comment