Monday, 30 September 2013

Out And About!


Out And About!

Day 2

- Bro was gonna get in from work around 2:30 so the plan was to wait up till he got in. Didn't work out. Woke up shortly after he came in though. Caught up a bit, told him about the flight in. We headed down to the convenience store (at 3:00 am) and picked up some toiletries. Came back in and chatted some more straight into daylight hours. A couple others woke up and joined us till eventually the entire gang was here. Got up and had some tea and a muffin (was "chastized" for bringing my own tea bags - among other things - and I learned my lesson). You'd think we'd make the plan for the day? Nah. Everyone went back to sleep. Everyone.
          Fast forward a couple hours later and we decide we're gonna go to Upper Canada Mall and look around and do some shopping. By this time I'm down to 1 jacket! The drive was long but it was fun. We stopped and picked up one more to take along for the ride, then headed for a food stop.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

This is what I came to Canada for. To eat. Have fun, get cold and eat. Keep in mind, I was making a mental note of the places we passed on the way down. So many to choose from. Wendy's. McDonalds. Harvey's. Popeyes. I really wasn't picky where we went first. I have 2 weeks to cover them all. Multiple times. (Don't worry, Femi. I won't overdo, I promise.) Decision made. We're going to McDonalds - I'm lovin' it!



 As soon as we get inside my memory is bombarded with the constant ravings I've heard about the fries. Alright, so whatever I get, get fries with it. As if that'd be a problem lol. Got my first Big Mac and waited for the others. The fries definitely are fantastic though. I need to have more of them in my life before this week ends. *adds to priority list*. Chatted a bit and briefly discussed the possible veto by Pres. Obama, some school protests and who would drive if Robert fell off his chair and had to be rushed to the hospital. Picked up a free refill (just because I could) and we were on the move again. Next stop, Upper Canada Mall.

Did I fail to mention before that AT LEAST 83% of the population has some NICE rides? Corvettes, R8s, a couple Camaros, a Jag and a Mustang all in the same small area in the car park. Slowly walked past and headed for the mall. 
        Sheraton who? Nah, this was the real deal. H-U-G-E. Took me a couple seconds to readjust my scope and then we started to explore. I couldn't even decide where I wanted to go. Brushed through H&M and looped through Forever21. Know what would have been brilliant? To get a map. Luckily the stand was close by, so we started looking for specifics. Headed to Old Navy for some tees and vests. Got to the cashier and she was asking me about subscription emails and some other random stuff so I told her I wasn't from here, and that I was here on vacation from Barbados. The look on her face quickly changed from "Hi! Welcome to Old Navy!" to "Can you kindly fit me into one of your bags?" She seemed so fascinated by my tale of year-round heat, I almost pitied her. No time to stay, however. We had to finish our adventure!
Rob went back to the car to sleep, leaving me in the capable hands of NSE, O, T and C. Picked up my copy of FIFA 14, decided that maybe I'm not cut out to play GTA V and we were off again. 
Spencer's.
Can I just say that I would blow my entire budget in Spencer's? They had Batman shorts on sale for $10 CDN. I would have bought both pairs if they weren't XXL. The amount of Batman and Adventure Time paraphernalia was incredible. I had a handful of stuff and then had to remind myself that these were not priority items and if we could pass back and funds were still available, then we'd come back for this stuff.
Time to head back to Toronto. Definitely a fantastic experience. Heading home for a game of Monopoly with the clan. Know what Monopoly needs? Domino's pizza. 3 medium pizzas and 20 wings, my good man. God bless Canada! Came home and browsed through my haul for today and tucked it away. Time for food and money.



Let me just take this opportunity to say that Monopoly teaches us valuable lessons. Spend your money wisely!
Time for the part timers to leave. Was great having them over and next weekend is gonna be even better. Watched some Sherlock and made myself a bit too comfortable in the process, and that was how my day ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment