Monday, 14 October 2013

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KSV)**

     **-(Kemar Stevenson Version)

     Don't worry, it's not a sermon. I probably couldn't preach if my life depended on it. I can quote you the verse, however. It says:

         -"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. A time to have fun, and a time to go back to work."

     This is actually my Thanksgiving post. No bombarding with pictures, no poor attempts at humour. This is me being thankful for quite a bit.
     Today was the end of my holiday in Canada. The most enjoyable 17 days of my life so far. There was so much to do, so much to see, so much to experience. Definitely a great trip. Now let me start my list.

     I am thankful to:


  • The Almighty. 23 years of life and still going. My thanks.
  • The Wilson men - Rob and Pablo - for opening their home to me and making me feel like family and a local. Very much appreciated.
  • NSE for being a good sport and tolerating me in his space for so long.
  • The part time residents for accepting me as part of the group.
  • Canada! Oh my, I don't even know how to split this. The random people you would meet while grocery shopping, the extra friendly store clerks (special hi to the ones who were willing to jump into my suitcase when they heard I was coming back to Barbados!)
  • My family, believe it or not. The support leading up to and during the trip was more than appreciated.
  • My aunt Jane who is a WICKED cook! Invited me over to say hi and ended up feeding me a full "Sunday meal"!
  • Those who would have checked in on me to make sure my trip was going well. An extra special mention to Femz and Brit because they kept me sane every day. A few others looked in ever so often and I say thank you to them as well!


  • ...all of you. Every last one of you who read my blog updates. Even if you read and didn't like, if you read and just messaged me to say that you liked it, even the ones who read and shared. I wanna say thanks to you guys as well. When I originally thought of doing this, I tried to discourage myself because I honestly thought that only 4 people maximum would be reading it. It turned out to be quite a few more than 4, but I'm so grateful that you all allowed me to share this new experience with you. Maybe someone looking to head up to Toronto read it and they got useful information. Who knows?


     All I can say is that I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Sadly, as the title says, it's curtains on this adventure and time to head back to work tomorrow. 

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment