Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Let's Ride The Rocket!

Going For A Ride!



Day 5

I thought I had this sleeping thing in the bag, yet I'm writing this at 2:58 am. Makes no sense getting breakfast now because I'll be empty by 10:00. Let's try this again.
So I crashed after 3:30 and somehow still managed to make it back up by 6:43. That's not the weird part, though. The weird part is that outside is still PITCH BLACK! So when I got up, I was like, "don't tell me I only slept for an hour!" and Asha's battery 

was dead as well. Gonna put her to charge and check Tiffany while I start my early morning tea ritual. Not much sense going back to 

sleep now, since we're supposed to be roaming today. Maybe I should have bet him money that he'd still be unconscious at 8:30. Ah well, some other time. Kettle's done!


  Getting dressed and I realise that I'm actually a medium and not a large. Also, my pants should be a 32, not too sure what I was thinking when I said 34. Ah well. Small issue. Someone's finally up! Gonna let him get ready and then head to the zoo catch the bus? err... pardon? I guess it can't hurt..


Barely missed one, but the next one wasn't too far behind. Had to resist the urge to stick my hand out to signal the bus lol. 


Ok, we're off! Head down to Lawrence West Station then going down below for the train! You can't go wrong with the train because they're no more than 5 mins apart, you can ALWAYS FEEL it coming and there's this handy mini live map over the door to let you know where you are and where you're going.




It was kinda awkward seeing the car in front of mine turning the corner while I appeared to remain straight, so I buried my head in my phone till we got to the stop. Dundas Square!



This was a bit much to take in in 2 seconds. And this is just one shot! For a panorama shot, look over here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb2hf3ae3r7cl8l/20131002_104908.jpg

Enough talking. Look what I saw!









Scotiabank! Discover what's possible!


Nearest mall was Eaton Centre. Why not head in and see what they have to offer? Some nice stores in there. Quite a walk, too!





Interesting fact: geese are protected animals here in Canada. You're not allowed to hunt them, attack them, chase them or startle them. Just let them do their own thing.

Walked around Eaton for a bit more, but by now it was my favourite time of the day! Food! Let's head downstairs to the Urban Eatery. There was SO much to choose from! Greek, Chinese, Japanese, American, Thai, Mediterranean, French and so much more! Ok, no fast food today. We're gonna head over to Bourbon St. Grill and have some "cooked food". Decided to stick to what I know and get the pasta with a chicken leg and some veg. Rob went for the bourbon chicken and shrimp with pasta. He somehow convinced me that I should try one of his shrimp.

PAUSE.

Let me take this time to mention that I'm a simple guy. Chicken. Fish. The end. I've dabbled in beef and lamb, I've had my time with pork. As it stands right now, my livestock protein sources do not require expansion. Ok, let's continue.




So he put one in my container. In the name of trying new stuff, I thought "what the heck" and went for it. Bleh, Not a very convincing initial encounter. Thank God for soy sauce, right? Maybe I shouldn't have doused the entire packet on the one shrimp. But it made it bearable, so whatever. Ok, so it was fine ok alright decent passable not awful. Not in a rush to have any more...

Made it halfway through the meal and decided not to pig it out. Let's put it in a bag and take it home. Always time for food back at the apartment. As bad as it sounds, this bus-to-train-to-bus thing is exhausting! Gonna try for the zoo tomorrow, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment